Tuesday, December 6, 2011

33 weeks!

This week has been a roller coaster ride ranging from confidence to anxiety, including everything in between. I'm sure being sick and feeling tired had something to do with it, but lots of work to do (especially after being out for 2 days!) plus Dylan having lots on plus everything starting to wind down (or up?) for Pea just left me not knowing how to feel. I'm about 95% healthy now, though, and my moods feel mostly back to normal, as well ... as far as my pregnant moods have been normal in the first place <=).

I told my principal the details about my leave this week: with Pea's due date on January 25th, the substitute will be in place and on call as of January 2nd, when the second semester starts (but I'm hoping Pea won't be ready that early!). Then, with Dylan's graduation on May 12th, I'll be ready to go back to school for the last 4 weeks starting May 14th while he stays with little 4-month-old Pea.

Nowadays I'm feeling BIG! I need help with getting up and down from chairs or the floor, and I've started feeling a little lower back pain ... my old marching band stance comes in handy here: weight on the balls of my feet, and my "tail tucked". That's now my cooking and cleaning stance =). I've been getting a couple of nice comments from parents at school, though - how Pea's bump suits me, or it's a pretty little bump, things like that.

We even attended our first of 2 pre-natal classes, learning labor management positions and massage techniques. When I'm not feeling anxious, it's all fascinating =), and I'm looking forward to it. It's getting closer; in as few as 5 and as many as 8 weeks, our whole world will change!

4 comments:

  1. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you :)
    (1 Peter 5:7)
    And I think I muttered "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me" about a million times in labour. It helped. Keep that one up your sleeve ;)
    (Phillipians 4:13)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Mama Duck's comment....So True. You are doing great (as I knew you would!) We are sooo happy for you and excited too! Lots of love!! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for creating these updates. It's a lovely way of sharing the journey given the big whack of ocean between us.
    Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Keep on truckin!
    -the shels.

    ReplyDelete