Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sick at 32 weeks

Pea's strong and healthy, so that's good, but Pea's Momma's been sick since last Wednesday. Funny that I teach 3rd grade, have managed to avoid all the stomach bugs, colds, lice, etc, but I go home to relax in warm weather and come down with a little bronchitis. Darn. Things just progressed over the few days after Thanksgiving and led me to stay home Monday and Tuesday from school, go to the doc, and get a baby-safe antibiotic to clear up my chest.

All that said, Friday and Saturday were still great to spend with everyone in Houston. Friday, Mom & I had a pedicure, and the lady who did Mom's was pregnant, too, due 2 weeks earlier than me, and she was TINY ... but, then again, she's also a tiny little Vietnamese lady. Mom & I even went out to see the new Twilight, and we're all glad that Pea's no vampire-baby, attacking me from the inside ... creepy! Then, on Saturday, Mom and Ginny took me to a lovely lunch at the Backstreet Cafe before a matinee of A Christmas Carol to celebrate Pea, a special, intimate baby-shower day together. They gave me/Pea perfect little gifts, too, even though they already had! Now Pea has about 10 more books and several other great little things.
At our fancy lunch:


Everyone got to feel Pea! Mom, Dad, Peter, Ginny, & Ryan - everyone! That's because Pea's busy. Ryan had never felt a pregnant belly before, and Mom and Gin practically laughed at how much activity there was during the last 20 minutes of A Christmas Carol =). I'm really glad they all got to "participate". I read yesterday at the doctor's that I'm about as big as I'll get because the baby will begin to drop soon, so I'm double-pleased that everyone got to play along =). It was so strange leaving, though, because the next time we see each other, it'll be a whole new ball game - whoa!

Speaking of ball games, I can't let a Thanksgiving report go without mentioning that all of our teams won: Nebraska, LSU, Texas, BAYLOR, and the Saints =).

Now it's Advent. The wreath is already in use, and decorations are going up. Tree-buying is on for tonight. Hence, this week's photo:

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Hope you are feeling better now. Looks like y'all had a wonderful time in Houston, so glad! You are looking beautiful as always! Love from Dallas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember thanksgiving here 4 years ago!!! our 4 peas are now tall healthy french beans... it's so preety to see you and him ? or her ? growing. We enjoyed to see you and Dylan under the snow. Have good time! take care! Isabelle & Benoit

    ReplyDelete