Sunday, December 18, 2011

On Christmas Vacation!

Now that I finally have some free time, I can catch up on reporting a few things. First of all, we visited Dr. Anderson on Thursday for the last 2-week check-up; in two weeks, we shift to the weekly visits - woo! He said great growth, Pea's not "large, economy size" (phew...) and very low-risk. We got to ask him a few questions and were put at ease by his answers, and then he also confirmed that I had my first contraction! Bizarre! It was last Monday morning about 5 minutes before needing to leave for school, and I felt a dull, achy, menstrual-like cramp low in my back. Now, everyone has told me to prepare for the Braxton-Hicks, but what I experienced that morning wasn't like what others described: tight hardening of the whole abdomen but not painful, just pressure. Dr. Anderson said, though, yep, that's what that was. Anyway, kinda neat to have had the first one! I've got two weeks off school now, and we're starting to get pretty excited about this little baby.

Here we are today at the SAINTS-Vikings game that was a (surprise) present from Dylan. Ended 42-20! Geaux Saints!
Jim & Steph joined us:



And here's an idea I'll take from Jaclyn Knoll down in Oz to show MY perspective of Pea (She's ten weeks earlier, though, and can still se her feet! So, I had to cock-out a foot - ha!):
And a close-up BUMP:

1 comment:

  1. hai pea! also, i think we've passed "bump" stage? haha growin like a weeeeeed! :)

    love!

    ReplyDelete