Monday, October 10, 2011

My "sort-of" results

Well, I spent today from 8:30-noon at the doctor doing round-2 of the glucose test. I began fasting last night at 8:45pm and had soup today at 12:30 - maaan, I was hungry! Anyway, I got two sticks in each arm: one before drinking the sweet drink (equivalent to 2.5 cans of Coke!!) then one on the hour for the next three hours. Here's what the levels should've been and what mine were:
goal                      actual
<95                         78
<180                     188
<155                     161
<140                       59

As you can see, there's a massive difference in those last two; that's because it dawned on me that I never sit still for 3 hours straight doing nothing, so I took a little walk. Of course that'll change things - if your body actually uses what's in there, things will even out. I'm only upset now that I didn't think of getting some fresh air in the first place. So, once again, I feel like this test could've turned out differently. Anyway, since the middle two levels are elevated, they have to send my blood in for even more detailed work, and I should hear tomorrow. In any case, I'm not in a horrible position, and Dylan'll help me manage.

It bothers me because I didn't think that I would be in a diabetes danger-zone, and I certainly don't want to give Pea a higher risk of developing Type I just because I had too many carbs while pregnant; so we'll adjust to whatever Dr. Anderson recommends for a diet. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment