Thursday, September 29, 2011

Too busy at 23 weeks

I received a book from a colleague at school this week called "Little Pea"- about Mama Pea, Papa Pea, and Little Pea, who has to eat all of his candy-dinner before he can get his spinach-dessert =)! It's darlin', and I can't wait to read it to our little Pea.

So, I titled this one "too busy at 23" because I need to start taking breaks more often. I'm seeing it at school, at St. Thomas and at home, too. I'm getting more tired than "usual" more quickly than lately, so I've been seeing how and when I'm pushing it too hard; at least I'm noticing it, so hopefully I can change it! I see myself starting to get upset about how the dishwasher that came with the apartment doesn't clean as well as I can, but I stop for a second, say to myself "Don't get worked up about this," and I just hand-wash the dishes. At school that translates into standing and waiting longer for students' attention instead of fussing about or reprimanding them so soon. 

That aside, I'm really loving being pregnant with Pea! It seems like we're at a stage now where Pea's moving as much as s/he ever has, but because there's less space now, I feel EVERYthing! Sometimes it even catches me off guard, it's so strong. I'm also feeling more comfortable now in my clothes after going shopping with my good friend, Colleen, over the weekend. She helped with all sorts of things, including maternity tights and leggings, so I can wear my old skirts and dresses instead of only the black broomstick skirt or the workout pants <=). Then we went to IKEA (as we've both moved recently) and had lunch!

Send your prayers, please; all three of us welcome them! Would love to hear from you all, too. Love from St. Paul =).



1 comment: