Friday, August 5, 2011

Pea's first few weeks

Dylan and I found out on May 16th that we are going to have a baby! We don't want to find out whether it'll be a boy or girl, so we've just dubbed the baby Pea ... pea in a pod, sweet pea, you get the drift.

Pea is due on January 25, 2012, right in the middle of a snowy Minnesotan winter. It'll be an adventure!

The first few weeks went very well, especially after hearing some terrible stories from women with bad morning sickness. The worst of it for me wasn't anything that a little juice couldn't fix first thing in the morning. As I was still teaching for the first 5 weeks with Pea, I was snacky in school! One of the first cravings saw me snapping at nearly every student while getting ready for recess and lunch. After lunch, I felt lots better, and I told the students I must have just been really hungry and apologized. One of the quicker little girls then reminded me that I'd said earlier in the year that if everyone in the class is doing something wrong, it must be me - not them =). From then on, I always had a snack close-by.

No comments:

Post a Comment