Friday, August 5, 2011

2nd Trimester already!

Pea's now 14 weeks big and starting to want more space, so here's the first picture of "the bump". Mom took this while on Mustang Island on vacation down in Texas on Tuesday, July 26th. I'm still feeling great - just hungry and sleepy - and flying well so far. (The big test will be going to Australia in a couple of weeks for Susan & Gerry's wedding.)

There's no photo, but at 12 weeks we got to hear the heartbeat! It was wonderful =). It made me laugh, for some reason, which made the doppler so loud that Dr. Anderson had to stop. I composed myself, and we got to hear it a little longer. That was really nice.

3 comments:

  1. So great to hear about little Pea, D & M! Such a special time, I'm so glad you're enjoying and celebrating the small things. So many people have bad attitudes, whinge about the nausea and miss out on so much joy and fulfilment in pregnancy. It's such an amazing time of preparation and wonder and mystery. Love it!!
    And guess what? Perfect opportunity to tell you that we have another little second cousin (or whatever!) for Pea on his/her way, who will be joining us in March! So i am about 9 weeks :)
    I am feeling well. A little nauseas, but nothing terrible, and no where near as intense as last time. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, the bump is soo super cute! And reminds me of me, skinny and ALLL baby! no excess fat to be seen :) just gorgeous. You're glowing :) xx jac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Glad you're feeling well. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete